Hi,
We have had a good advennture so far.
We left home March 1st. We spent a few days in St. George with Lorla & Doug. Then we headed to Henderson Nevada to stay with my brother and the family. While we where there J.B. did some work on the inside of the trailer adding some additional shelfing and installing slide out drawers in our pantry as well as a few other odds & ends. I learned how to play Wii bowling, tennis, golf, and a few other games with my niece Tea.
We spent a few nights on the Colorada River in Parker Az, a few nights at Quartzite, one night at Rusty a nd Nancy's (friends of Bob).
We arrived at Tower Point Resort in Mesa on the 15th of March to spend a week with my parents. This place was amazing. When we arrived on Sunday, my dad told me I was scheduled the following morning to attend aerobics and Tuesday for weightlifting. Now remember this is a 55 plus park so I thought it would be a breeze. I was sore after weightlifting. There were so many activities that you would have to be there for the season to fit them all in.
After leaving Mesa, we camped above Globe on a forest service road which was one lane. I was a bit tense by the time we arrived to camp. Those roads always scare me. Bob had no problem with it.
We spent 4 nights in Tucson at Jeff & Sonya's. We hiked and spent time with friends.
On the 30th we camped in Catalina State park for the night and hiked to the Ramiro Pools. I think this was aroung 3 hours round trip and certainly worth the hike. Finding water in the desert is always a treat. Bob's friend Dave and his son Jake camped with us. The following day we all headed to Picacho Peak for the hike there.
Bob & I had hiked it 4 years prior. It was a tough hike with some scary parts. This year we beat our previous time by 5 minutes on the up and 7 minutes on the return. Pretty good for old folks.
Since the 31st of March we have been at a Escapee's Park in Casa Grande. It is a small park with 120 spaces. It also is a 55 plus park. We love these parks. It is QUIET all the time. There isn't all the actiion there was at Mesa but there are still things to do. Cards, dinners, movies, and the likes. All the boys have coffee in the clubhouse from 6-8 in the morning. After that the women go and you should see the men scurry out. It is quite amusing. While here Bob has been modifying the rear of our trailer so that we will have more clearance on the rear end.
We have had a good advennture so far.
We left home March 1st. We spent a few days in St. George with Lorla & Doug. Then we headed to Henderson Nevada to stay with my brother and the family. While we where there J.B. did some work on the inside of the trailer adding some additional shelfing and installing slide out drawers in our pantry as well as a few other odds & ends. I learned how to play Wii bowling, tennis, golf, and a few other games with my niece Tea.
We spent a few nights on the Colorada River in Parker Az, a few nights at Quartzite, one night at Rusty a nd Nancy's (friends of Bob).
We arrived at Tower Point Resort in Mesa on the 15th of March to spend a week with my parents. This place was amazing. When we arrived on Sunday, my dad told me I was scheduled the following morning to attend aerobics and Tuesday for weightlifting. Now remember this is a 55 plus park so I thought it would be a breeze. I was sore after weightlifting. There were so many activities that you would have to be there for the season to fit them all in.
After leaving Mesa, we camped above Globe on a forest service road which was one lane. I was a bit tense by the time we arrived to camp. Those roads always scare me. Bob had no problem with it.
We spent 4 nights in Tucson at Jeff & Sonya's. We hiked and spent time with friends.
On the 30th we camped in Catalina State park for the night and hiked to the Ramiro Pools. I think this was aroung 3 hours round trip and certainly worth the hike. Finding water in the desert is always a treat. Bob's friend Dave and his son Jake camped with us. The following day we all headed to Picacho Peak for the hike there.
Bob & I had hiked it 4 years prior. It was a tough hike with some scary parts. This year we beat our previous time by 5 minutes on the up and 7 minutes on the return. Pretty good for old folks.
Since the 31st of March we have been at a Escapee's Park in Casa Grande. It is a small park with 120 spaces. It also is a 55 plus park. We love these parks. It is QUIET all the time. There isn't all the actiion there was at Mesa but there are still things to do. Cards, dinners, movies, and the likes. All the boys have coffee in the clubhouse from 6-8 in the morning. After that the women go and you should see the men scurry out. It is quite amusing. While here Bob has been modifying the rear of our trailer so that we will have more clearance on the rear end.
We also went into Phoenix one day and had a solar panel put on the roof. It was our plan for Christmas to do this. Now Brad has a conduit to send his love and energy from heaven to us. Next year we will get an inverter so that we can turn our DC into AC so that we can use our outlets to supply house electricity. Then I'll have to dry or curl my hair. For now it is just the casual camp look.
We are planning on leaving here on Friday morning and hiking Picacho Peak once again. Do not do it if you don't like hights!!! Then we will park once again at jeff's in Tucson. Bob is flying home on Monday the 20th and then he will return on Saturday the 25th. At that time we are planning on heading into New Mexico.
Hopefully that catches everyone up. Now that we have the blog I will send out current updates.
Love you all,
Lori & Bob
We are planning on leaving here on Friday morning and hiking Picacho Peak once again. Do not do it if you don't like hights!!! Then we will park once again at jeff's in Tucson. Bob is flying home on Monday the 20th and then he will return on Saturday the 25th. At that time we are planning on heading into New Mexico.
Hopefully that catches everyone up. Now that we have the blog I will send out current updates.
Love you all,
Lori & Bob
2 comments:
Can I just be you when I grow up? You guys are just seriously the perfect examples of living life. I so enjoy your travel blog and adventure stories. And if I could for one second pull off the just camping look and come out looking as amazing as you Lori I would be the happiest person on earth! Love you guys to pieces. Safe travels!! Xo Xo
Oh Hill,
You can be like us if you want but wait a while. You will need to cut out all the luxuries, unless....you are really smart kids and you put away money in savings automatically every paycheck and don't take it out for nothing and fund for IRA's.
Make me proud girl (again)...
Love ya
Post a Comment