This morning I got a Bad Jamonjer. I crashed while on my bike. I went over the right side while still clipped into the right pedal. Buggers!!
I have multiple cuts and sore spots which are becoming more sore as the evening wears on.
What you ask is a Bad Jamonjer?? Well....when the boys were young they wanted me to ride with them on our bikes up by the Bountiful "B"in the dirt. At this time I had new clipless pedals that were adjusted oh so tight. I fell over numerous times because I could NOT get out of my pedals. I would just crash still clipped all in.
One of the boys said, oh cool mom you got a Bad Jamonjer. I actually had a goose egg on my leg that stuck out an inch and a half. It was really ugly. Later when I said something about my Bad Jamonjer, Ray and the boys looked at me and had no clue what I was talking about.
They had said a Badge of Honor. Needless to say that whenever one of us gets hurt, we have a Bad Jamonjer. I had thought it must be a cool biking term for an injury.
We are in Benson Az at an Escapee (SKP) Park. Benson is a nice small town. The park has about 300 spaces in it. They are all good sized and most have a little casita on them. The casita cannot be larger than 288 sq. ft. They are all so different. Today we put our name on the "hot list" to become future lessee's. We are 451 on the list. Our expected wait time is 5-7 years.
So this morning we went out for a bike ride on a trail that left from the back of the park. It is more of a walking trail. A guy Bob met this morning told him you could take that trail and that it eventually loops back into the city. He also invited us to go out with a group of 20-30 or so members for $1.50 beers and .25 hot wings at a bar in town.
Back to the bike ride. Let me tell you there was a good amount of sand. I spent a fair amount of time struggling though the sand with the rear of my bike skidding or more like sloshing in different directions behind me. There was a steep hill that we had to climb that was covered by big loose gravel. I got stopped on the hill and could not get the bike going again because I was in such a low gear. I had to walk my bike to a dry patch to get going again. We also hit some solid dirt roads and then pavement as we neared town.
Now I have to be honest about my wreck. We hadn't even started on the path yet. We were still on the pavement and I had stopped. I unclipped from my left pedal and lost my balance and fell to the right while still clipped in. Boy did I feel stupid. I jumped right back up on my bike without looking around in hopes that no one saw me but who knows?
The beers and hotwings were a hit. You have to love the great deals when you find them. We had 2 beers and 12 hotwings each and a couple hours of great fun with new friends for $12.
Can you beat that?
Camera Test Drive
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment